Sunday, August 5, 2012

Scallop Onigiri Bento!

Today I went to Sawtell street in L.A. OMG I went a little crazy buying all these cute little boxes and accessories! Wow. Such a great deal too. I'm thrilled that I am no longer limited to the 700-900 ML boxes of the lock and lock set (way too big for me, but great for him!).

I was inspired enough to try to make onigiri!  I used a rice press to make filled onigiri. Mini scallops inside! He is going to be so stoked when he sees it. He really loves scallops! Unfortunately, no bento for me because it's lunch with the family day. But that's fine, I made myself a fruit snack box instead. There are radishes, corn, cucumber, purple radish, papaya and blue berries. I put the extra scallops around the onigiri like hair. Is that enough meat you ask? Well, it's exactly the recommended amount... 4 oz. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment