Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest Post- August Foodie Pen Pals

I sent my package to Leigh-Ann, and she wrote a guest post :-)


               Hi readers! So glad to be doing a little guest post for Jordan today J So, while I was deciding on something to post about, I decided I’d share a little bit about the “Foodie Pen Pal” program and why I decided to join it!

               I am a lover of health/fitness/food blogs! It is definitely my favorite pastime. I love to get new ideas and to “meet” new people. Through reading one blog that I loved, I got to learn about others and now I have several that I read on a daily basis-yes, it is an obsession. Well, at the end of every month I would see everyone post about their “Foodie Pen Pals.” They all had cute little boxes come in with all of these wonderful treats that looked amazing and honestly, most were healthy…which made me super excited and intrigued to find out about this program! I went over to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean’s page and read up on it a little bit. Basically, every one is paired with someone different each month. Someone sends you something and you send someone else something. Awesome! I love giving people presents and doing anything to help someone smile. I truly feel it is one of the best things we can do as humans, to pass the feelings of love and happiness along to others.

               August was my first month doing the foodie pen pal program and I enjoyed it so much. I was able to send someone a gift and they ended up loving it, which in turn made me so happy, and my first pen pal-Jordan!!- sent me a lovely box of goodies! I was in the midst of moving back into college for my last semester and felt so overwhelmed with the unpacking, when a package came to my door!! I was so overjoyed, and knowing that thousands of people get that same joyous feeling every month because someone thought about them makes me so happy and so excited to have another foodie pen pal in September!

               I thought I’d share a pic of the box of goodies that sweet Jordan sent me!

I try to eat all organically and can’t have any refined sugars, flours, etc. so I definitely give Jordan major kudos for putting together a box of wonderful things that all taste delicious!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment