Friday, August 31, 2012

August Foodie Pen Pal


My first Foodie Pen Pal sender is Karen from karensip.wordpress.com I gave her very vague guidelines because I'm a noob, but she rose to the challenge! I've loved everything I received. I actually received the box the night before leaving for a road trip, so we had yummy nibbles for the trip.

Here's the box:


She intentionally sent me little things to go in my bentos; so that's really awesome.

 
You can actually see in the past few blogs small little parts of it. I had never had the nut-thins before and BOY AM I IMPRESSED!! These are really amazing because 16 crackers is a serving, at only 130 calories each. So if you add maybe 6 crackers to a laughing cow cheese wedge you have less than 100 calorie snack! My favorite part, I tried them right after working out and the saltiness really satisfied my salt craving. It's actually surprisingly hard to find healthy foods that satisfy my salt cravings. I typically end up with some cool ranch Doritos instead.

I was plesantly surprised that organic choco animal cookies taste so good. I have this idea in my head that healthy food is usually devoid of good flavor. Of course, pirates booty is always yummy, and was nicely timed before the road trip. Mini butters are perfect for adding a touch more protein to a tiny bento box, or stuffing into my camel back on a hike to re-charge.

Lastly my all time favorite....... home made toffee. AHH! I could just die. Unfortunately the shipment arrived in 100 degree weather so the chocolate melted, but I mushed it all together into a large block and chilled it. LOL, I'm such a dork, I ate it like a huge brick of toffee. SOO GOOD.

You can see how I used some of this in a bento here:
http://sloaaa.blogspot.com/2012/08/2-minute-brie-bento.html

Thank you so much Karen! You're the best :-)

For more information on how YOU can be a foodie pen pal see this post :

http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/

1 comment:

  1. Oh you need to try the country ranch Nut Thins now! They're my favorite and I got them in a foodie penpal box. I buy them every month now!

    ReplyDelete